Live Roulette Guide 2020 | Everything to Know About Playing Online
Have you ever played live roulette online? It is among the most exciting ways to play this game for free and real money. You can play on your PC or on the go by using an Android or iOS app.
In this article, we are covering everything you should know about playing live cam roulette. Our experts reveal how to choose a suitable casino, such as Jackpot City, Royal Vegas, Playamo, or 888Casino, and mention European, American, and other common types to play.
TOP Live Roulette Casinos
You will learn the basics of playing electronic roulette on the web and discover smart strategies on how to win. There is no need to use cams – all it takes is an active internet connection. Check out our guide to start playing today!
How to Choose a Live Roulette Casino
The basic requirement for playing live roulette is to find a platform offering it. The good news is that most internet gaming operators include this game in their portfolio. However, you should choose a reputable and trustworthy website.
Here are some factors to consider while selecting a provider:
- Reputability – acquiring a gambling license is a primary way of confirming that a gaming website is legit. Relevant bodies include UKGC, MGA, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc.
- Available games – you might want to try free live European roulette, or you prefer the American version for real money. Either way, confirm your favourite games are listed on that site.
- Payment methods – deposits should be instant so that you can start playing immediately. Make sure that the supported payment options include your favourite. Most websites cover Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, InstaDebit, etc.
- Customer support – if anything goes wrong, you want to resolve that problem quickly. It is where reliable customer agents that respond quickly can be useful.
- Easy to use – any casino website should offer an intuitive interface that is easy to use. Game loading times should be fast, and everything should work smoothly.
Do You Need Special Software to Play Online Roulette?
You don’t have to download anything to try roulette live. All it takes is registering an account and accessing your desired platform. Most websites allow you to access via an internet browser on both PC and mobile.
Some platforms offer a live roulette Android app. You might also find apps for iOS and PC, and they should be free to download. Their primary idea is to offer an improved gambling experience and a more intuitive interface.
Benefits of Playing Online Live Roulette
Why would you even play live cam roulette? How is it different from the standard electronic version, and what are its unique features?
Here are the benefits of playing this game:
- A live dealer – these games include actual human dealers that have been trained for roulette. They will spin the ball and guide you through every round. Many dealers also talk to players when an opportunity arises.
- A similar experience to land-based casinos – thanks to the human dealers dressed elegantly and the streaming being conducted from a professional studio or casino, you will feel like you are in a land-based gaming facility.
- Play from anywhere – as long as you have a suitable device and a stable internet connection, you can play from any location.
- Play at any time of day and night – although it depends on the website, most operators offer live play 24/7.
- No need to dress formally – you can play from the comfort of your room without having to dress formally.
- Choose your desired stakes – casual players will appreciate tables with small stake limits. High rollers will prefer an increased stake worth. However, everyone will find their favourite quickly.
- All games in a single place – from European to American and other versions, you can find multiple playing options on a single website.
- Localized versions – many platforms offer live roulette with dealers who speak different languages. You can choose between English, German, Spanish, etc.
Most Common Types of Live Casino Roulette
The available games will depend on the selected website. For example, LeoVegas live roulette might not offer identical game types as other operators.
Here is an overview of the most frequent games you will encounter on gaming websites.
The most common version of playing live roulette cam is its European variation. Its name only describes this version’s origin, but players from around the globe are welcome to play it.
Players are offered a single-zero wheel that has 37 pockets. The numbers are spread randomly, and the payout is 35:1 for guessing correctly. European roulette is extremely popular because of its tempting house edge set at 2.7%.
French roulette is identical to the European when it comes to wheel layout and pocket numbers. Its only difference is a La Partage rule. If the ball lands on zero and a player made an even-money wager, they get half of their investment back. The house edge is 2.7%, which makes French roulette extremely tempting.
Unlike the European, this version offers two zeros on the wheel. That means there is an additional pocket, which means there are 38 pockets. Apart from a single-zero, you can also find a double-zero field. The payout is 36:1, but the house edge at American roulette is 5.26%.
Here are some other variations of live cams roulette to try:
- Speed – in this version, you have less time to place wagers. It is usually limited to 20-25 seconds. That makes this game suitable for fast thinkers and experienced players.
- Automatic – although all action is streamed from a studio, there is no dealer. Instead, the machine spins the ball. It is great for players looking for fast-paced action since automation secures at least 60 spins per hour.
- Double ball – a unique and not so common version that features two balls instead of one. That means there are two winning pockets, which guarantees increased prize chances.
- VIP – these tables are usually private and intended for high rollers. You qualify for them if you get invited or achieve the required VIP status on the platform.
- HD roulette – these games are streamed in high-definition resolution. These require a stronger internet connection, but you get uncompromised picture quality.
3 Steps to Start Playing Live Roulette Online Today
Are you ready to start playing online roulette live? If you are a beginner, make sure to read these steps on how to begin playing today.
- Start by finding a suitable and reputable website. Register for an account and deposit funds if you want to play for real money.
- Find your desired live roulette version and game. Make sure to check the type and available stakes.
- Load this game and start playing. Listen to the live dealer’s instructions and place the desired bets. Wait for the dealer to spin the ball and watch where it will land. Winnings should be added to your table balance automatically after the round finishes.
How to Play Online Casino Roulette Live
We will describe the European single-zero version of the game in our live roulette guide. The odds are you will find this variation at Mr. Green live roulette and most other website offering this game.
Here are the basics you should know about playing roulette:
- A single roulette wheel is at your disposal. It contains 37 pockets, and they are marked with different numbers.
- The numbers go from 0 to 36, but they are placed randomly.
- You can bet on the exact number or its colour, a group of numbers, etc.
- Each table has a minimum wager sum, as well as a maximum bet you can place on a particular number or field.
A Single-Round Development
Here is how a single round looks when you play 888 live roulette or similar games:
- The dealer announces that players can place their desired bets. From that moment, you can wager within the mentioned minimum and maximum limits.
- You will notice a dealer spinning the wheel at one moment… The bets will continue for a few seconds after that.
- Once your dealer says no more bets are allowed, players can’t change wagers anymore.
- After the ball lands in a particular pocket, the dealer will announce it as the winning pocket. All players who qualified for a win will receive their winnings, and the next round will begin.
Each player should discover a suitable smart live roulette strategy that suits their playing style. Before doing that, players should be familiar with basic betting types.
You can divide bets into inside and outside wagers.
The inside bets include:
- Straight Up – if you place the chip on the exact number, you can try a straight-up wager. Those who guess correctly will receive a 35:1 payout.
- Split – it is possible to place a chip between two connected numbers. Players can split bets on any numbers connected vertically or horizontally. The payout is 17:1.
- Street – this wager covers all numbers in a single horizontal row (for example, 1, 2, and 3). You place a chip at the line’s beginning, and payouts are marked at 11:1.
- Trio – a special version of a street bet that covers 0, 2, and 3, or “0, 1, 2.” It has identical payout to street bets.
- Corner bets – you split a chip’s value across four-cornered numbers (for example, 17, 18, 20, and 21). Payouts for guessing correctly are set to 8:1.
- Line – you cover a total of six numbers here. The bet involves covering “two streets,” and you place them on the intersection of two connected rows. An example is “16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,” and the expected payout is 5:1.
When designing a smart live casino roulette strategy, players can also consider outside bets.
- Black/Red (Color) – colour bets involve choosing the winning pocket’s colour. Players pick between red and black. Each of them has 18 numbers on the wheel, and you can expect a 1:1 payout.
- Low/High – choosing a low number means betting on 1-18, and high includes numbers from 19-36. The payout is also 1:1.
- Even/Odd – it is another option with a 1:1 payout. You cover 18 even or 18 odd numbers by placing wagers on these fields.
- Dozen bet – these bets divide all numbers into three groups. The first dozen covers numbers from 1 to 12, the second from 13 to 24, and the third from 25 to 36. If you guess right, an expected payout is 2:1.
- Column bet – notice that you can find “2 to 1” fields next to numbers 34, 35, and 36. Placing the wager on these fields covers all numbers in the respective column (for example, 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, and 34). Players can look forward to a payout of 2:1.
Tips to Playing Live Online Roulette
Here are some tips players who are only entering the live roulette world:
- Play for free – while there are no online roulette free live tables, players can test their skills at automatic tables. That way, users can get comfortable with how this game works before investing real money.
- Take advantage of bonuses – whether the promotions are intended for roulette or all games, you should be able to use them at live tables. It is a great way to get a head start when playing.
- Start with low stakes – if you are a beginner, pick a table with a low minimum bet. That enables you to get comfortable with the game before raising your stakes.
- Try different versions – make sure to experiment with different variations to find the one that suits your preferences.
Live Roulette FAQ
- Is live roulette rigged?
No, these games offer an equal chance to all players, and they are not rigged. Many websites have independent authorities, such as eCOGRA, to test their live roulette software. That confirms everyone enjoys equal odds of winning.
- Is it safe to play online live roulette?
Yes, as long as you pick a reputable and licensed operator. The gambling licenses, such as those that were acquired for live roulette 32Red, will confirm the platform is trustworthy and complies with all the latest industry standards and regulations.
- What do human dealers do in live games?
The dealer’s role is to navigate all players through the game. They will tell you when you can start placing your bets and when wagering time ends. Dealers also spin the ball and announce the winning pocket.
- How much can I bet when playing online roulette?
The stakes vary from one table to another. They can be as low as $0.01 for casual players, while high rollers can find minimum bets of $50 or more. Players can also play for free, and it only depends on their preference.
- Does Canadian law allows playing live roulette for real money?
The Canadian law doesn’t stop players from joining a gaming platform and enjoying their favorite casino games online. Players can rest assured that they won’t be breaking any law while playing roulette.
- Is there a live roulette bonus when playing online?
Many platforms offer general welcome bonuses to new players. For example, you can use a deposit match bonus on live roulette and other games. Some websites might even offer bonuses and promotions tailored to roulette and suitable to use only on live tables.
- Does online roulette offer better odds than the one in a land-based facility?
Your odds always depend on the platform. However, the general return to player percentage in live cams roulette is set to around 97%. That means the platform will return 97% of the investments received on roulette to the players playing it. As for RTP percentage, it is always shown based on long-term statistics.
- Are the live roulette sessions taped or played in real-time?
Live gaming action is streamed from actual casinos or professional gaming studios. That means nothing is taped before, and the easiest way to confirm this is to listen to the dealer. They will interact with the players and welcome new table visitors on some platforms.
- Can I play online live roulette for free?
Unfortunately, no. That is because live gaming action is only available to real money players. However, you can enjoy free automatic roulette to try this game and see if it fits your expectations.
Conclusion – Is It Recommended to Play Live Roulette?
Live electronic roulette attracts thousands of players from throughout the world. It is one of the most popular games to play in online casinos. The fact that it is simple to learn and extremely fun is what makes it attractive to both beginners and experienced players.
If you want to give a shot to live roulette, all you need to do is to pick a trustworthy website. You can play for free and real money, and don’t hesitate to try different versions until you find your favourite!